50 Ways to Show Love Without Food
It’s just about Valentine’s Day around here and that means one thing . . . chocolate!
A commercialized day dedicated to romance and chocolate doesn’t have to derail your weight maintaining efforts.
I’ve created a list of things you can do to express your love that don’t add any calories.
So go ahead—love on someone. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Here are 50 non-food ways to show your love to your Significant Other or anyone special in your life:
- A hand-written love note
- Petals on the pillow
- Filling up their car tank with gas
- Washing said car
- Doing the dishes or taking out the garbage without being asked
- Some home chore you’ve been putting off
- Slow dance in the living room
- An unexpected hug or nuzzle
- Calling just to say “I love you”
- Multiple love texts in one day
- Plan a non-food date—maybe a trip to a local garden or museum
- Renew your vows
- Compliment his appearance
- Give her a book you know she’d like
- Run a bath
- Hidden notes: on napkins, in sock drawers, in the car, in pockets
- Watch a movie together
- Whisper something sweet in his ear
- Kiss her hand
- Shoulder massage
- Roll in the hay
- Fire in the fireplace
- Walking hand-in-hand
- Playing or singing “your” song
- Doing that thing you did when you first met
- Play a game
- Take a drive
- Go for a hike
- Ride a bicycle built for two
- Gaze at the stars
- Look through old photos together
- Let the waves wet your toes
- Build sandcastles
- Skip rocks
- Paddle boat on a lake
- Read a book together out loud
- Take a class together
- Go to the zoo
- Take a walking tour of your city (or a new city!)
- See a play
- Remind him what you fell in love with first
- Tell her she looks beautiful
- Fall asleep in each other’s arms
- Let him sleep in
- Look her in the eyes and say something from your heart
The best thing about showing your love is that you get a two-for-one—when you express love you get a hit too!
Because thinking loving thoughts makes you feel love.
Go ahead—try it.
I love you, too.