50 Ways to Show Love Without Food
Feb 13, 2020
It’s just about Valentine’s Day around here and that means one thing . . . chocolate!
A commercialized day dedicated to romance and chocolate doesn’t have to derail your weight maintaining efforts.
I’ve created a list of things you can do to express your love that don’t add any calories.
So go ahead—love on someone. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Here are 50 non-food ways to show your love to your Significant Other or anyone special in your life:
- A hand-written love note
- Petals on the pillow
- Filling up their car tank with gas
- Washing said car
- Doing the dishes or taking out the garbage without being asked
- Some home chore you’ve been putting off
- Slow dance in the living room
- An unexpected hug or nuzzle
- Calling just to say “I love you”
- Multiple love texts in one day
- Plan a non-food date—maybe a trip to a local garden or museum
- Renew your vows
- Compliment his appearance
- Give her a book you know she’d like
- Run a bath
- Hidden notes: on napkins, in sock drawers, in the car, in pockets
- Watch a movie together
- Whisper something sweet in his ear
- Kiss her hand
- Shoulder massage
- Roll in the hay
- Fire in the fireplace
- Walking hand-in-hand
- Playing or singing “your” song
- Doing that thing you did when you first met
- Play a game
- Take a drive
- Go for a hike
- Ride a bicycle built for two
- Gaze at the stars
- Look through old photos together
- Let the waves wet your toes
- Build sandcastles
- Skip rocks
- Paddle boat on a lake
- Read a book together out loud
- Take a class together
- Go to the zoo
- Take a walking tour of your city (or a new city!)
- See a play
- Remind him what you fell in love with first
- Tell her she looks beautiful
- Fall asleep in each other’s arms
- Let him sleep in
- Look her in the eyes and say something from your heart
The best thing about showing your love is that you get a two-for-one—when you express love you get a hit too!
Because thinking loving thoughts makes you feel love.
Go ahead—try it.
I love you, too.
Sign me up!
Never miss your "Ounce of Prevention"
Sign up now for Dr. Fein's Weekly Ounce of Prevention and it will be delivered to your inbox every Thursday. You will also be privy to any fun things we have planned. Join us!
(I deeply respect your privacy and will not share your info).